Photos of Enchantment Contest 2011
Where do you go to be surrounded by magical enchantments? Perhaps you are like me and find the deep, dark woods filled with magic, danger, refuge and adventure! Or perhaps the urban forests are more your cup of tea. No matter your preference, throughout the magical month of October, I want you to share the enchantments in your neck of the woods! (And by sharing a bit of your own magic with the Emmy Blue storytelling community, you could win a personalized fairy tale as well as other magical prizes!)
To enter the Photos of Enchantment Contest you need to take a photograph or photographs of your very favourite enchanted location. (If you don't have a favourite location, then you have a whole month of exploration adventures ahead of you!)
Once you have a photograph, either (1) Post the photo on your own blog, facebook page or google + page and then post the link in the comment section below; or (2) Post the photo on a free image hosting site such as yfrog, flickr or twitpic and then post the link in the comment section below.
- The enchanted photograph may be urban or rural. The photo may be taken in a land far, far away or right in your own backyard.
- You may enter as many enchanted photographs as you would like for the entire month of October.
- You may enter the contest as an individual or a family. If you are a teacher or leader of an organization, then you may enter your entire class or group. (**Please see note below**)
- The more the merrier! Feel free to copy the contest logo from above and paste it on your blog or Facebook page to encourage others to share their magic with us too!
- The winners will be mentioned in a very special October 31st holiday blog post!
Grand Prize: Chosen by a random drawing, I will write the first place winner, and/or whomever else they choose, as the heroine(s) or hero(s) of my next original fairy tale or forest legend. He or she will receive a digital and hard copy of the one-of-a-kind story and illustration. This exclusive package would make a unique birthday present and a magical surprise for a loved one or even your school!
Second and Third Place Prizes: Chosen by a random drawing, the second and third place winners will receive limited edition Emmy Blue postcards and bookmarks featuring my magical characters and tales. If a class or organization wins, then you will receive a box of enchanted surprises for everyone.
What are you waiting for? Get your camera and start your exploration adventures immediately! And remember, don't worry about the quality or quantity of your photographs, just have fun finding a bit of magic in your own neck of the woods!
Happy October! Xx
**Note: If you are a teacher or organization, you can incorporate this contest into your literature or creative writing curriculum by adding reading or writing components to the photo contest. I would be happy to post links to your class blog or post links to student short stories and poetry. Just let me know how I can support your enchanted projects!